Doubleout.com

11.25.2005

Thanks.



Finally! A holiday where I don't have to run from place to place, and have to make a new excuse as to why I have to leave early. Thanksgiving this year for me was pretty nice. I set my alarm so I could wake up and watch the Macy's Parade, but I ended up hitting the snooze about 7 times. By the time I rolled out of the sack, I could only catch the last hour of it, but realized that watching a bunch of "D" list celebs lip synch their way through bad songs, cosmetic counter workers dressed as clowns and holding onto oversized balloons, and a few highschool marching bands isn't all that fun. So once Santa rolled his tubby ass through NYC, I watched some of the dog show while flipping back to Fox NFL pre-game.

We showered and dressed, then headed up the street to the Milliron household (my Aunt Rose and family). We hung for a bit then it was time to eat. I housed a huge plate of all the essentials...turkey, mashed taters, stuffing (sorry, I don't call it "dressing"), corn, and gravy all over. I crushed it! Yum-a-dum-dum!

Once again we hung for a bit and then we pulled names for the Christmas exchange. I pulled my cousin Kate for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. Even though we are supposed to keep it a secret, I tell her every year, and ask her what she wants. It's much easier to do that way, and she doesn't seem to mind getting exactly what she wants every year. Once all that excitement was over, I noticed my mom holding a large laminated sheet of paper. So I asked, "What is that?" She and my sister both told me that it was made by my niece Abby in girl scouts. They asked all the girls what they were thankful for this year, and while most of the girls said "My family, and stuff like that", Abby was thankful for "Swimming and Costumes". I loved it! So I started snapping photos of her Thanksgiving placemat, and planned on getting them up as soon as possible! Thanks Abby for making my day once again.

Mia and I returned home and relaxed, as I tried to digest at least 3 pounds of goodies. I watched Pitt lose, then just chilled. It was a nice day...Thanks!

These are the things that I am thankful for-
Patrick

New Thanksgiving photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home