Doubleout.com

11.15.2005

Once upon a Tuesday...


...There was a website dedicated to nothing in particular. It was a place where people of all different backgrounds could get together and have a little bit o'fun. This place was called doubleout.com, and it was a swell place. They would always have a fun game to play on Tuesday's until Patrick (the evil stepfather) got a little bit slack late in the year. But he realized that alot of people depended on him for some amusement, and tried to make things right again. So here we go...this weeks game will be played like this. A movie will be named and the next movie named (by another person, cause 2 posts in a row are illegal) will begin with the last letter of the previous movie. So if the first movie named was "The Big Lebowski" the next movie would have to begin with an "I" such as "Innerspace". Get it? Got it? Good! Now go and play!

In other doubleout.com news...

I, as you all know, have been laid off from my job. Please don't feel bad for me cause I am getting a decent amount of cash from the state and I am actually enjoying having some free time to start some plans for my future. But as some of you know, I have a slight case of Adult A.D.D. and my mind doesn't like thinking of one thing for an extended amount of time.

After working steady for the last 13 years, and not having more than 2 weeks off at a time (I used those 2 weeks vacation when I quit my previous job, to go to work for the company that just laid me off). I have been going a little stir-crazy just sitting around not doing much but surfing the net and watching the big screen TV. So since I have nowhere to be everyday, my days are filled with a weird emptiness. It feels strange not having somewhere to be, or something that I have to do.

I know, I know...Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa, I am sure your are all feeling bad for me. Poor guy has nothing to do, and I get the pleasure of waking up early each morning and going to work everyday. Patrick gets to sleep till noon on a daily basis (would be later, but Maria comes home for lunch at that time), then the poor thing has nothing to do but sit around and eat bon-bons while watching re-runs of "The Wonder Years" and "Sportscenter" 3 times in a row. But like I said before, don't feel bad for me! I am gonna make it through this, as long as you are all with me.

(That last paragraph was filled with sarcasm. Please make a note of it.)

So doing nothing has got to me a little, but I think I have found an answer. Dishes. Dishes you say? Yes...Dishes. Let me explain. Mia and I don't own a dishwasher (but if you would like to donate one, we would be happy to accept), and either of us really like having Dish-Pan-Hands. So the sink usually has a good bit of dirty dishes in it (I know what you are thinking..."White Trash non dish washing fuckers!"), but that isn't the case. I assure you of that...Cause Maria is in no way White Trash!

But for some reason, I have found that doing the dishes, almost everytime we dirty one has been a savior for me. I strap on my ipod and go to work. Scrubbing, Rinsing, Scouring, and Drying have become my passion! I sing along with the music and my hands make more music on those Damn Dirty Dishes! I now have 3 reasons to wake in the afternoon...Maria, Ella, and Dishes. So if you could all stop worrying about me please! I will be fine as long as we keep eating and drinking stuff. We might even invite some of you over this Saturday for dinner so I can really get busy. Look for your invite soon.

Thanks for caring-
Patrick

48 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home